Online DOT Drug Test Collector Training with Mock Collections (Urine)
This training course meets the DOT’s requirements for both Collector Qualification Training and Proficiency Demonstrations (mock collections). Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be a fully qualified DOT Urine Specimen Collector and receive a 5 year certificate. This training course includes the following:
Online Collector Qualification Training with Final Exam
Monitoring of Mock Collections via Webcam*
5 Year DOT Collector Certificate
*See below for system requirements and special instructions.
To purchase the Online DOT Drug Test Collector Training with Mock Collections, you must submit the completed Registration Form online or via fax. An APS Representative will contact you to discuss available Webcam dates. Your credit card will not be charged until a date has been confirmed. Once confirmed, the student will be issued instructions for taking the Online DOT Drug Test Collector (Urine) Course and receive a Confirmation Letter detailing the scheduled Webcam Mock Collections date.
The Online DOT Drug Test Collector Course MUST be successfully completed at least 3 days prior to the scheduled Webcam Mock Collections. The student will be rescheduled and a $100 rescheduling fee will be applied if he/she has not successfully passed the Online Course, does not meet the system requirements below, and/or does not have the required supplies available for the Webcam Mock Collections.
Requirements for Webcam Mock Collections
1. The student must have a computer with a reliable high speed internet connection, speakers, microphone and webcam. The computer must be located in an area with adequate lighting and in a private location where the student will not be disturbed for the duration of the training. The student must not be on call and will not be allowed to leave class to see patients or conduct other business.
2. The APS Training Coordinator will schedule a required Compatibility Check with the student. The student must be in front of the computer in the location that will be used for the Webcam Mock Collections. The internet connection, webcam, microphone and speakers will be tested during that time.
3. The student must have the following supplies available at least 3 days prior to the scheduled Webcam Mock Collections:
a. Seven (7) Federal Custody and Control Forms preprinted with your company and MRO information. Non-DOT Forms may NOT be used.
b. Seven (7) DOT Split Specimen Collection Kits
c. Pen (black ink only)
d. Colored fluid for mock testing – minimum 24 ounces
e. APS Sign-In sheet, Proficiency Checksheet, Training Manual and Paperwork (mailed from APS)
4. The student must complete the Online DOT Drug Test Collector Course, including passing the final exam, at least 3 days prior to the scheduled Webcam Mock Collection date, but no earlier than 30 days from the scheduled date.
5. If the student requires rescheduling for any reason, a $100 rescheduling fee will be applied. No refunds.
- Alcohol Testing Supplies
- Drug Testing Supplies
- Training Materials