To purchase the Online DOT BAT Training with Device Training & Mock Tests plus Instructor Training, you must submit the completed Registration Form online or via fax. An APS Representative will contact you to discuss available Webcam dates. Your credit card will not be charged until a date has been confirmed. Once confirmed, the student will be issued instructions for taking the Online DOT BAT Course and receive a Confirmation Letter detailing the scheduled Webcam Mock test date.
The Online DOT BAT Course MUST be successfully completed at least 3 days prior to the scheduled Webcam Mock Testing. The student will be rescheduled and a $250 rescheduling fee will be applied if he/she has not successfully passed the Online Course, does not meet the system requirements below, and/or does not have the required supplies available for the Webcam Mock Tests.
Requirements for Webcam Mock Tests
- The student must have a computer with a reliable high speed internet connection, speakers, microphone and webcam. The computer must be located in an area with adequate lighting and in a private location where the student will not be disturbed for the duration of the training. The student must not be on call and will not be allowed to leave class to see patients or conduct other business.
- The APS Training Coordinator will schedule a required Compatibility Check with the student. The student must be in front of the computer in the location that will be used for the Webcam Mock Testing. The internet connection, webcam, microphone and speakers will be tested during that time.
- The student must have the following supplies available at least 3 days prior to the scheduled Webcam Mock Testing:
- EBT device and printer, fully charged, with appropriate printer paper/labels
- Fifteen (15) Mouthpieces
- Ten (10) DOT Alcohol Testing Forms
- Pen (black ink only)
- Accuracy Check Equipment (dry gas tank or wet bath simulator with the appropriate regulator/solution)
- Calibration Logbook
- Tamper Evident Tape (when applicable)
- Breath Spray or Mouthwash w/Q-tips to simulate positives (make sure it is not alcohol free!)
- Partner – You MUST have a partner for mock testing. You will be rescheduled and a rescheduling fee applied if you do not have a partner for the duration of your training.
- APS Sign-In Sheet, Proficiency Sheet, Training Manual and Additional Paperwork (mailed from APS)
- The student must complete the Online DOT BAT Course, including passing the final exam, at least 3 days prior to the scheduled Webcam Mock Testing date, but no earlier than 30 days from the scheduled date.
- If the student requires rescheduling for any reason, a $250 rescheduling fee will be applied. No refunds.